The mighty Himalayas stand like a wall providing little opportunity to cross, yet there are some passes across it which offer passes to cross it.
★ JAMMU AND KASHMIR ▶
● Mintaka Pass- Tri junction of Indo -China -Afghanistan.
● Parpik Pass- Joins north Kashmir to China.
● Khunjerab Pass- Indo-China Border access between Kashmir and China.
● Aghil Pass- Join Ladakh with Xuijang (Sui k iang) province of China . It remains snow covered during the winter. Closed November to May.
● Banihal Pass- Situated in Pir -Panjal Range.
- Jawahar Tunnel (11km )links Jammu in south and Srinagar in north.
● Chang-La - Joins Ladakh with Tibet.
● Khardung La - Near Leh in Ladakh Range. World highest mortable road pass.
● Lanak La - India China border , Akasai -chin area in Jammu and Kashmir. Connects Ladakh and Lhasa. A road connecting Xinjang Province with Tibet has been constructed by Chinese .
● Pir-Panjal - Shortest and easiest metal road between Jammu and Kashmir Valley . But this route had to be closed down as a result of the partition of the subcontinent.
● Qara Tag La- Situated on Indo China Border, provides passage offshoot of great Silk Route.
● Imis La- Indo-China border joins Ladakh with Tibet.
● Pensi La- Vital link between Kashmir valley and Kargil.
● Zoji La- Important link between Srinagar at one side and Kargil and Leh on the other side. NH -1D passes through , BRO looks after NH 1D.
Having a good conclusion is important for any academic paper. However, when it comes to dissertation writing, the conclusion is of utmost significance for two simple reasons. First of all, it summarizes everything you have written in your dissertation and draws all your main points together. Second...
Our Vice President honorable Hamid Ansari paid official visit to Rwanda and Uganda, in an amicable gesture to strengthen ties with the East African countries and signed pacts concerning cooperation and all round development....
Let's be frank: there are not perfectly organized apartments able to always look as new, and most of us face daily problems with storing thins and a bad layout, for example, lost keys, tangled wires, or walls that need urgent repairs. We have put together a list of 16 life hacks, which will help...
First of its kind,Supreme Court has initiated contempt proceedings against Justice C S Karnan sitting judge of Calcutta High Court for disobedience....
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a scheme launched in 2015 with a target of building almost 2 crore houses and providing affordable housing to LIG and EWS population in urban area by 2022.It offers a lot of benefits and lower rates making it more lucrative....
Year 2015-2016 has recorded highest compliance rate of 94 percent by the public authorities, of providing all the details regarding the implementation of Right To Information....
Ministry of Skill development and entrepreneurship has notified Grade-A cadre job in order to attract a positive competitiveness and sustainable development in this regard. ...
Kerala government has recently launched bus services initiative named "Pink",a color epiphanous to womanhood,that caters exclusively to women.Such initiative will curb social dogmas in society thereby reducing gender discrepancy to some extent....
Animal Welfare Board of India and PETA have been actively fighting for animal rights in India in recent times but owing to the increasing cases of cruelty against these animals,there is a need to evoke sensitivity and moral awakening among humans with stricter legal propositions....
Section 19 Prevention of Corruption Act, Not Unconstitutional. Recently a two Judge Bench of the Supreme Court dismissed a Public Interest Litigation, seeking direction to declare Section 19 of the Prevention of Corruption Act,1988 unconstitutional however directing Parliament should consider...
sir,your prediction about cut off for general(85-95) is on the basis of 9000 results or more than that.further there is 35% horizontal reservation to women.please clarify
sir please do reply on the above comment.also tell about the expected date for main exam
Due to�previous records of jpsc ....can u tell there were any possibilities that jpsc conduct
7th jpsc as on 12 nov 2017....can we prepare for it
Yes gear up , early starters alwaz has edge.
Proud to be a Bihari
i have scored 91 as per the answer keys ,any chance for mains genral category
i am scoring 90 according to bpsc answer key.i belong to gen category . i have challenged 5 questions(LPG,KING KHARWELA,UNFCCC,PARTICULATE MATTER,AND SEAT OF AN MP).please tell me whether i should focus on mains.this is because upsc pre is scheduled on 18 june and currently facing dilemma regarding allocation of time.please reply as it will be helpful during last hours of preparation
You are safe, Focus on Mains.