Rajasthan is the Land of Kings and has the famous slogan “PadharoMahree Des” or “Welcome to my land.” It is a mesmerizing land steeped in history as well as culture and architecture. Situated in northwest India, it is full of old havelis, ancient forts, glimmering lakes. It is a fascinating view of Indian history when one visits Bikaner located in northwest Rajasthan. Use Oyo Rooms Offers to find a room at very affordable rates.
We have put together a list of all the things you can do while at Bikaner.
• Visit the Camel Festival – Bikaner is well known globally for being home to some of hardiest species of camel. The Camel Festival is held every year in January. It is one of the most entertaining things to do in Bikaner. The Indian Army and BSF purchases camels at this animal fair. From camel rides to bewitching camel decorations it is essential to visit this fair. With Uber Coupons you can easily find a cab to take you there.
• Shopping at Kote Gate – Rajasthan has a rich tradition in arts and crafts. This is on full display at the Kote Gate market with a variety of handicrafts for anyone who wishes to decorate their home. From articles made of camel hide to bandhani sarees, one can find every possible type of gift and decoration items. With Oyo Room Coupon it is entirely possible to find a great hotel in Bikaner.
• Laxmi Niwas Palace – It used to be the palace where Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikaner lived. Sir Samuel Jacob constructed it at the beginning of the 20th century. It is now a luxury hotel.
• Junagarh Fort – Located in Bikaner it was erected in late 16th century by Raja Rai Singh, the sixth ruler of Bikaner. It is one of the very few forts in Rajasthan which was not built atop a hill. It was invaded several times but with the help of its huge walls resisted each attempt. The blows inflicted by cannons are still visible in the southern wall. There are many palaces and temples inside it. There is a beautiful museum inside with a display of ornaments, clothes, and weapons from many centuries ago. Bikaner Fort is famous since it is one of the few places in India which did not succumb to invaders.
• Stroll through the Old Town – Visiting the Old Town is like stepping into a time machine. Tourists can wander around lovely and finely sculpted havelis built many centuries ago by wealthy merchants. These mansions were made of red sandstone and inevitably have light blue colored doors. The walls carry intricate carvings of flowers, statues, and religious objects. It is said that there are over a thousand havelis. The best known are the Rampuriahavelis owned by Jains. In streets of the old town, a traveler can also find sizeable wooden plank beds called pattas. There are several hundreds of these scattered around. Previously it was used by women to meet and gossip but now mostly used by the older generation for card playing. Use Uber Promo Code to move around Bikaner.
• Karni Mata Temple – Probably the most famous place in Bikaner after Junagarh Fort this temple is famous for its rats. The temple is dedicated to Karni Mata an incarnation of GoddessDurga. There is a beautiful legend that when her son died Karni Mata requested Yama to restore him back to life. When he refused, Karni Mata used her divine power to restore her son’s life and decreed that anyone from her family who died would become a rat and live at the temple.
• Gajner Wildlife sanctuary – Located about 30 km from Bikaner, Gajner Wildlife sanctuary is an ideal place to seek adventure. Many species such as fox, boar, chinkara, and antelope can be found here. There are also many birds such as grouse. This region was once the hunting ground of rulers of Bikaner.
• Enjoy camel safari – Bikaner is situated in the great Thar Desert. It is obvious that it is the center of many memorable safari outings. There are both jeep and camel safaris. Some have the option of overnight stay in elaborate tents and a treat of local dance and music.
Conclusion: These are just a few of the places you can see in Bikaner. Every corner holds a surprise making it an enchanting proposition to visit Bikaner. It is less ostentatious than Jaipur and not very touristy but offers great surprises at every twist and turn.
There have been a countless number of artists over the centuries. As such, it can be overwhelming to analyze every famous painting to find what you like. This means itĂ˘€™s often much easier to break art down into time periods ...
Thanks to its proximity and a bunch of engaging business facilities, Dubai has emerged united of the foremost widespread departing destinations for Indian travelers. ...
Top 5 things to do in Varanasi. , 'The city of temples', 'The city of learning,' 'The city of lights' and the 'culture capital of India'. Since time immemorial, Varanasi has been renowned for its silks, temples, ghats, art, music and literature. ...
Tehri-Garhwal not only serves as a pilgrimage for the visitors but also is one of the most beautiful places where one can come closest to the nature. The marvelous valleys, streams and rivers, the flora and fauna of the place and of course the heartwarming love from the people...
5 Monsoon Destinations In India. Just after the summers, monsoons arrive to give us a sensation of relief and relaxation. Along with the rain, monsoons bring cool and pleasant winds which can deliver to our senses and it also makes the landscape to glow and show off their bright colors....
Our heritage is hard earned fruit, and not just a concrete physical structure. It is an embodiment of rich history and personified art. No doubt that government of India is making all efforts to protect these sites but at the same time these are targeted to be cash-cows for tourists making it more vulnerable and damage-prone. We need to respect it as much as we protect it. ...
"The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill - 2016" has been passed. The Bill will replace the existing Persons with Disability Act (Equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation), 1995, which was enacted 21 years back. ...
UPSC Art and Culture Special: Evaluation of Cave Architecture In India. Evolution of human race has long historic and scientific lineage. The first organized settlement traces can be obtained from prehistorical "ROCK CUT CAVES" . It gives the brief understanding of way living and conditions which...
Detailed Classification of Indian Languages.Detailed Classification of Indian Languages Broadly divided into following four families :- 1. Indo European family (Arya) 2. Dravidian family (Dravida) 3. Austric famliy (Nishada) 4. Sino Tibetan family ( kirata )...
Sir I've lost my admit card and I also forget my roll no
PleaseÂ help me in other waysÂ
After login when i click on attempt button to take test a error msg show "Test series ended", plesae resolve this issue.
sir, my name is SWARUP ANAND, my DOB- 01/03/1984, my fatherâ€™s name- SANTOSH KUMAR SRIVASTWA. I have loss my admit card. Please tell my roll number.
BPSC mains 56th-59th me Roll No. 119040 pass hai aur PT me fail. Mahabhrstachar hai. pls see it must
I am thankful for PolyEyes for most authentic Online BPSC Test Series. These Test are life support for working Aspirant.
sir please tell the authenticity of this news .there is no such news on bpsc website and i heard 17 june as the exam date .please clarify the doubt
r u providing test for BPSC in HINDI medium ?
plz intimate me through emails about BPSC test packages and details of packages and its rate. how many test and when it will be taken plz send details about ur package plans.
Yes Test is available in Hindi as well English and Total Number of Test and Registration details already given above
Best thing im loving about This Test series is its Explanation part. Crisp and to the Point. Thanku Polyeyes.